Sunday, October 26, 2014

The working Cavalier on a South Devon beach


It's a well known fact that here in the South West of England, when visitors from the Summer months go home the beaches still have to be patrolled.


This is the patch I patrol and clear from innocent flying wings trying to catch their dinner.


Some bob around in the water off shore. The best way to clear them is to sneak up on them when they least expect it.


I've yet to clear them all, but I live in hope,


Beach clearing isn't all about digging holes and playing with a ball you know. Yes Sir, to really clear the beach you have to get down and get dirty and get wet.


This kind of work wouldn't be suited to every Cavalier you meet, cos most don't like getting their paws wet at all.


There is always that rewarding feeling when going home, you know you have done your best.
The perk of the job is, you also take as much of the beach home with you in your very wet bedraggled sea water smelling coat.

Luvs Freya Rose Blossom (salty sea dog of the South West) X

17 comments:

  1. The best beaches are winter ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't work too hard Aunty Freya
    Bet you smelt lovely on the way home
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you Freya but we hope the didn't mean you got to have a bath. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Freya! We could use your help on the Oregon coast. We have many pesky birds that need to be cleared!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done me girl,but I fear there may be a bath for you my sweet,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  6. By heck Freya, you'll have to get a wet suite for the colder weather.

    Hope you are having a fab weekend. Sue 7 Polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. We know what's coming up next. But it's SOOOOO worth it!

    Great job there Freya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely area to patrol
    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Freya, I love to see you swim in the bug waters! You are so brave and you do a very good job of patrolling the shores,, I can see that you do!
    Those birdies must have gone on home- right?
    They sure were pretty little birdies!
    I hope your furs got all dried off nice, and that your all cozy at home now
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing great work there, Freya Rose! Wish we had a beach like that near us:)

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Freya, that is some good work there gurl!!! I thinks you could clear the beach next time...there is always next time!
    And goin' home smellin' FABulous...BONUS! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say I agree - and that looks like so much fun. To just be the only one in the water and just playing doing whatever I wanted. You are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the bestest beach patroller ever, Freya!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me, Pinot is here. Freya, you're my type of girl!! I love water and get wet!

    Pinot xo

    ps: I am here to say woof, too! Momo

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are doing a fantastic job Freya - I only wish I could take half the beach home with me in my coat!

    ReplyDelete