Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The ruby red slippers of dog collars.


Okay, so I have been found out, I'm slightly over weight, but only by ONE KILO. 
If you say it quick it doesn't sound much. Enough that I am now on a different diet and after a week of he, he, giving me carrots and apples and other tosh that I can't stand and spit out, I'm not doing badly.


Shopping for a new collar today should have been as easy as snaffling cat food climbing on a log.


This little pink number is my old collar. It used to sparkle but with all the battering I give it on the beach as I have my head down a sand hole it's seen better days.


Enter, pink hot number two. This one is padded and is a medium size. Most of all, it's soft inside.


After demanding to take it out of it's packaging in the shop to try it on the sales assistant rolled her eye's. That made me wonder if she saw me the other day when we were in the same store, did she see me trying to sample the dry goods. 
The new pink number came out of the shop and was snapped on me straight away. Then taken off again for closer inspection. A SHARP BIT.



Loose stitching. 


Then there's the bit that hangs inside, with one beach trip that would be flapping all over the place. Hum, bad choice, bad buy.


Pink hot number three.
This one is made of the same stuff without the padding. I WANTED THE PADDED ONE..................


Think again if they think these are going to fit me !

The moral of the story,  LOOK CAREFULLY and TRY things on before you buy, even if the sales assistants do roll their eye's at you thinking your being awkward cos you want to take stuff out of it's packaging and have a closer look. This particular well known pet store who trades all over the country will remain anonymous.

We are special paws and deserve the best. Best, would have been a soft waxed leather collar, but can't find one with a quick clip fixing, unless anyone out there knows something different. It also has to be strong enough to withstand the beach.

Luv's Freya Rose Blossom X  
nope, not gonna get into the slippers........

21 comments:

  1. Hooman is the queen of collars. I'll tell her to have a think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something like this? http://www.dogaid.org.uk/shop/4579350086/sedgewick-red-leather-collar/5750924

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the very thing we have been looking for, MANY THANKS
      X

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the collar advice. We have been thinking about buying another set of personalized collars that say The Daily Bone on them. Our last batch were too big. If we adjusted them down to fit, the letters would have been covered up. Little stuff like that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good advice Freya, I've been tryin' to gets Ma to buy me a new collar for AGES!!
    I can break outta a sub-par collar in 2 seconds flat, so Ma is reluctant to trust new collars, butts I thinks it's time! I will take your advice and INSIST on goin' to the collar store with her for a try on!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    pees: LOVES the new collar! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad the collar wasnt made right. They dont seem to make stuff like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea trying everything first....

    We think that hot pink is YOUR colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lufs the pink collar Aunty Freya.
    I tried on all the ones in the shop and ended up with a black and blue one, not good enough for a Princess.
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear not what they are supposed to be. Goes to show try before you buy.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. We so wanted to see your feets in those beautiful ruby slippers, Freya!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Mom is a loser. She hasn't bought me a new collar in 7 yrs. www.dakotasden.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're not fussy, you're particular. Your collar has to be just right because you wear it all day. You do have the shiniest coat, Freya. Goes great with pink. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  13. We tried on harnesses one in Petco. Mom felt bad cause we left pug hair on the one we did not buy but Petco did not mind! Love the pink
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  14. that looks pretty Freya,but it needs more bling for you sweetie,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so perfect Freya.. are you going to wear those slippers?
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh didn't know buying a collar was so involved.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Princess Harlow demands her collars be perfect before she will wear one. :)

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are beautiful Freya. A few extra pounds make you cuddly.

    ReplyDelete